Please note that this is not a group tour or escorted tour. It is a tailor-made itinerary for individuals who wish to travel to India.
Transport & Accommodation
- Flights from Dublin via Abu Dhabi to Delhi with Etihad Airways
- Transfer on arrival from the airport to your hotel in Delhi
- All transport by air-conditioned Vehicle
- 3 nights accommodation in the 5 star Claridges Hotel, in Delhi
- 1 night accommodation in the 4 star Hotel ITC Mughal in Agra
- 3 nights accommodation in the 4 star Alsisar Haveli Hotel, in Jaipur
- 2 nights accommodation in the 4 star Nahargarh resort, in Ranthambore
- Air-conditioned sedan car for transfer from hotel to railway station in Ranthambore
- Breakfast served each day at hotel
- Transfer to Delhi Airport for return flight to Dublin
- Flights from Delhi via Abu Dhabi to Dublin with Etihad Airways
- Services of an English speaking representative to assist at airports and hotels
Tours & Excursions
- Cycle rickshaw ride in Delhi
- City tour of Agra, visiting the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort
- Elephant ride at Amber Fort and return by jeep in Jaipur
- Interactive session at local barber for shave and head massage for men and henna for women in Jaipur
- Camel or camel cart ride at local village Kalakho
- 2 jungle safaris at Ranthambore national park by jeeps with english speaking naturalists
- DAY 1: Dublin - Delhi
Depart Dublin. Fly to Delhi via Abu Dhabi with Etihad Airways.
- DAY 2: Delhi
Arrive in Delhi. Meet a Joe Walsh Tours representative at the airport and transfer to your hotel in Delhi, followed by a check in and time to rest. Buffet Brunch at hotel then a city tour of Old Delhi. Drive past the magnificent Red Fort and visit Jama Masjid. Enjoy a cycle rickshaw ride through 300-year old Chandni then browse Chowk market. Drive past Kotla Firoze Shah, ruins of an old fort of the 14th Century. Visit Raj Ghat, where Mahatma Gandhi ther founfing father of the Republic of India was cremated in 1948. Free time and overnight.
- DAY 3: Delhi & Agra
Breakfast at your hotel. Check out and leave for Agra in the morning (Approx 208 km / 3 hours from the Yamuna Express way). Arrive in Agra and transfer to the hotel. Visit Agra Fort - behind its forbidding red sandstone battlements lies a palace that tells the story of the Moghul Empire. Enjoy a sunset visit of the Taj Mahal, the Greatest love story ever told - on the death of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal, Shahjehan built her this memorial. It took 22 years to build this monument. Free time and Overnight
- DAY 4: Agra & Jaipur
You have the opportunity to participate in a yoga session at Taj Khema, with a beautiful view of the Taj Mahal (optional visit). Return to hotel for a breakfast buffet and check out. We will depart by road to Jaipur (Approx 235 km / 5 hour drive) and will visit Fatehpur Sikri en route. 37 km West of Agra lies the ghost City of Fatehpur Sikri - an epic poem in red sandstone built by Emperor Akbar the Great in 1569 and deserted 14 years later because its water supply failed. We will also stop for lunch at the Lakshmi Niwas Palace in Bharatpur. Arrive in Jaipur and transfer to your hotel.
- DAY 5: Jaipur
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning, depart for an excursion to Amber Fort where you will ride an elephant and visit the fort. 7 miles north of Jaipur is Amber with its honey-coloured fortress/palace located in the Aravalli Hills. It has been described as “the sleeping beauty of Rajasthan”. You can go to Amer Dera for an elephant safari (optional visit). Take a city tour of Jaipur in the afternoon. Stop for a photo at ‘Hawa Mahal’ (Palace of Winds). Visit Jai Singh’s Observatory built in the 17th century by the founder of Jaipur who, besides being a prince, was also soldier, astronomer and builder. Visit the City Palace, a part of which is now a museum that contains fine Rajput and Moghul paintings, rare manuscripts and an armoury, old carpets, and amazingly embroidered clothes of the Maharajas and the Maharanis. Enjoy a special interactive session for the group. Men can go to the local barber for a shave and head massage, women can have a hand henna session. Free time and overnight at the hotel.
- DAY 6: Abhaneri & Kanota Fort
Breakfast at the hotel. Leave for Abhaneri Step Well (95 km / approx. 2 hrs). Arrive and visit Abhaneri which is notable for having baoris (Stepwells), which are the unique invention of the natives for rainwater harvesting. Among Stepwells Chand Baori is the most popular and one of the deepest and largest Stepwells in India. The huge tank with delicate carvings is certainly a treat for the eyes. Following your visit to Abhaneri Step Well, we'll proceed to Umaid Lake Palace. From there you will leave for a guided excursion of the Kalakho village on camel carts or camel back through mud tracks taking in the vast grazing pastures and fields of wheat, mustard, coriander and chillies. You'll get the chance to meet the traditionally dressed residents, visit their homes and watch farmers, herders and silversmiths plying their trade. Enroute visit a local school or panchayat where guests can volunteer to listen to children read or teach English to the students. Buffet Lunch at the Umaid Lake palace resort then drive back to Jaipur. Enroute, stop at castle Kanota for high tea, which was the location of the Viceroy Club in the film Best Marigold Hotel.Free time and overnight at the hotel.
- DAY 7: Ranthambore
Breakfast and check out of your hotel. In the morning, depart by road toRanthambore (Approx 146 km / 3 1/2 hours). Arrive and check into your hotel, buffet Lunch. Leave for Ranthambore National Park where you will have the chance to have a jungle safari by jeep. Buffet Dinner at resort and overnight at the hotel.
- DAY 8: Ranthambore
Leave for another jungle safari by jeep in the Ranthambore National Park. Return to resort for breakfast then enjoy the rest of the day at leasure for independant activities. Lunch, Dinner and overnight at the resort.
- DAY 9: Delhi
Check out of your hotel and transfer to the Train Janshatabdi Express where you will travel to Delhi in an air-conditioned chair car. Arrive at Delhi railway station, proceed to Hotel for check in. Go and witness a Bollywood Show at the Kingdom of Dreams, India's first live entertainement theatre and leasure destination (optional). Overnight at the hotel.
- DAY 10: Delhi - Dublin
Breakfast at the hotel before a city tour of New Delhi. You will see the presidential Palace, the Rashtrapati Bhawan, the Impressive Rajpath to the WWI memorial arch and the India Gate. You will be able to visit the Gutub Minar, a 72 meter high minaret before going to the local market for some shopping. return to the hotel and check out before a transfer to Delhi airport to board your flight to Dublin via Abu Dhabi with Etihad Airways. Arrive in Dublin.
- Yoga session in Agra
- Elephant safari at Dera Amer and Lunch at Spice Court in Jaipur
- Kingdom of Dreams in Delhi
- Services of an accompanying English speaking guide escort who will guide the group and co-ordinate arrangements withe the coach driver, hotels and local teams of representatives; this guide will be available on his mobile phone at all times.
- Prices are per person sharing twin/double rooms with private facilities
- Single rooms are on request at a supplement of €595 for the duration of the trip
- Prices are inclusive of airline taxes and charges as on date; any future levies will be charged extra
- Prices are not inclusive of Visa charges to India or any expenditure of personal nature such as telephone calls, laundry, mini bar or drinks during meals, tips to driver, guide, helper, etc
- Airport departure taxe / airport developement fee usually included in the international air ticket
- Meals where not stated are not included in the price
- Standard in-flight catering is included with the package
- Itinerary may be subject to change; E&OE
- All bookings protected by the Commission for Aviation Regulation in Ireland (T.O. 052 | T.A. 0689) and the Civil Aviation Authority in the UK (ATOL 5163)