Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
Bangkok, the capital of Thailand is a city of startling contrasts, brash, noisy and quietly traditional. Spend a few days discovering the exquisite temples, backwater canals and the elaborately decorated Grand Palace that symbolises Thailand’s oriental mysticism and unique culture. Bangkok also boasts sophisticated shopping, excellent restaurants and legendary nightlife. By day you can shop for lavish silks, sparkling gems and tailor-made clothes at a fraction of Irish prices, while by night, the streets come alive with restaurants, bars and stalls selling everything from sizzling snacks to bootleg watches.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- Currency: Thai Baht (TBH)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1
- Bottle of Beer: €1.20 - €3.50
- Bottle of Wine: from €20
- 3 Course meal: €8 - €20
- Time Difference is GMT: + 7 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Suvarnabhumi (BKK)
- Flight duration: 12 hours 45 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 1 hour
- Languages: Thai
- Climate: Hot & humid tropical climate
- Voltage: 220V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets USA 2 pin, USA 3 pin and Europlug 2 pin are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Thailand must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Typhoid, Tetanus, Hepatitis A&B, in some areas Malaria are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.