Safari on the Cape
Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
While discovering the diverse beauty of the Cape region you can enjoy a top-class safari experience in one of the many excellent private game reserves.
If you do not want to take a flight to Kruger, but still wish to enjoy a safari experience, the Eastern Cape has several private game reserves. These enormous game reserves, covering tens of thousands of hectares of natural habitat, offer top-class game drives and sighting expeditions with numerous opportunities to seek out the Big 5. Enjoy a luxurious, malaria-free game experience with experienced rangers providing an exciting and authentic wildlife encounter. Situated in the general Port Elizabeth area, they are accessible by car from the Garden Route and are a great way to get the most out of your holiday. If one of these reserves is your last port of call we recommend taking a flight from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town or Johannesburg to connect with your return international flight home to Ireland.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
Golfing on the Cape
South Africa is a golfers' paradise with top class courses to challenge even the keenest player.
CLOVELLY - Cape Peninsula
Clovelly is situated in a secluded valley, with its clubhouse overlooking the course and the suburb of Fish Hoek. A short layout with tight fairways & superb greens.
» Grading: Gold
» Green Fees: From €60 non-affiliated, €45 affiliated
» Par 72
- Currency: South Africa Rand (ZAR)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1
- Bottle of Beer: €1.50
- Bottle of Wine: From €10
- 3 Course meal: €15 - €30
- Time Difference is GMT: + 2 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Port Elizabeth (PLZ)
- Flight duration: 13 hours 10 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 40 minutes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Zulu
- Climate: Varied across the country but generally a temperate climate
- Voltage: 230V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets Europlug 2 pin and type M 3 pin are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to South Africa must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Tetanus, Typhoid, Malaria, Hepatitis are recommended - please consult your GP.
These prices are given as a guide only.