Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
The walled fortress of Tulum, 131km (78 miles) south of Cancún, has been described as one of the most dramatic sites of the pre-Hispanic world. Perched atop rugged cliffs on the coast, this last outpost of the Maya civilization commands a breath-taking view of the Caribbean. Settlement here dates from AD 900-1500 and sights include the Temple of the Descending God, El Castillo and the Temple of the Frescoes.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- Currency: Mexican Peso (MXB) | The US dollar is widely accepted
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1
- Bottle of Beer: €1 - €3
- Bottle of Wine: from €5 - €10
- 3 Course meal: €10 - €15
- Time Difference is GMT: - 6 hours - Daylight savings +1 hour, April to October
- Airports: Cancun (CUN)
- Flight duration: 9 hours 40 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Languages: Spanish
- Climate: Varied climate. Temperate above the 24th parallel, tropical below it
- Voltage: 127V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets USA 2 pin and USA 3 pin are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Mexico must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Typhoid, Tetanus, Hepatitis A, Diphtheria & Rabies - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.