Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
Penang Island lies in the waters of the Straits of Malacca, just off Malaysia’s west coast. This small tropical island is only 15 miles long and 10 miles wide and enjoys uncrowded beaches, lush gardens and historic temples. The most popular beach area, Batu Ferringhi, is a 2-mile stretch of beach where you’ll find most of the major resort hotels.There's more to Penang than lounging on the beach. Georgetown, the fascinating capital, provides a taste of the island's colonial past and features one of the largest 'Chinatowns' in South East Asia.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- 2 Centre Holidays: Combine a beach holiday in one of our top resorts with a few days retail therapy in the capital Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia Airlines fly direct to Langkawi and Penang 2 days a week and return from Kuala Lumpur, providing the perfect opportunity for an ideal beach and city holiday!
- Currency: Malaysia Ringgit (MHR)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1
- Bottle of Beer: €1.50 - €3.50
- Bottle of Wine: from €5 - €20
- 3 Course meal: €2 - €10
- Time Difference is GMT: + 8 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Penang (PEN)
- Flight duration: 13 hours 20 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 1 hour
- Languages:Malaysian, English
- Climate: Tropical/Equatorial
- Voltage: 240V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets type C, type G and type M are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Malaysia must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Typhoid, Tetanus, Hepatitis A,- in some areas Malaria are recommended -please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.