Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
We offer a number of trips that take in the wonders of Botswana - a country of wonderful contadictions. Our 16-Day Overland Camping Safari will take you from desert conditions into the lush Okavango Delta and Victoria Falls. This is 16 days of wonderful experiences and plentiful game - over a quarter of the country is dedicated to wildlife sanctuaries. Take in the incredible Makgadikgadi Salt Pans en-route to maun and the Delta, before heading into Big Game country, visiting the renowned Moremi, Savuti and Chobe reserves. For those wanting to avoid the drive in and out of Botswana, we offer a 13-Day Okavango Fly-in option - fly into Maun and out from Victoria Falls. Our 24-Day Southern Circle Tour also includes a section that takes in the Makgadikgadi Pans and the spectacular Reserves, whilst our 24-Day Cape Town - Johannesburg via Victoria Falls will give you an Okavango Delta experience en-route to Victoria Falls.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- Currency: Botswana Pula (BWP)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1
- Bottle of Beer: €1.00 - €3.50
- Bottle of Wine: €5 - €15
- 3 Course meal: €5 - €15
- Time Difference is GMT: + 2 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Gabarone (GBE)
- Flight duration: 11 hours 50 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 40 minutes
- Languages: English, Setswana
- Climate: Semi-arid climate being hot and dry for most of the year
- Voltage: 230V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets type D, G and M 3 pin are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Botswana must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Tetanus, Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Malaria, Poliomyelitis, Meningococcal Meningitis, Rabies, Tuberculosis are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.