Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
Beijing provides a true taste of China, where ancient wonders and pious icons struggle to exist beside modern life and dynamic progress. Discover “old Beijing" by exploring its many major attractions as well as its charming teahouses, temples and markets.
A visit to one of Beijing’s famous Hutong – an ancient city alley comprising of traditional residential compounds – is a must. Many of China’s most renowned cultural treasures are located in Beijing including Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, The Summer Palace, The Temple of Heaven and The Ming Tombs. Other essential highlights of your Beijing trip include a delicious roast Peking duck dinner and a performance of the 200-year-old Peking Opera featuring lavish costumes, singing and martial arts.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- Currency: Chinese Yuan (CNY)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1 - €1.50
- Bottle of Beer: €1.50 - €4.50
- Bottle of Wine: €15 - €20
- 3 Course meal: €15 per person
- Time Difference is GMT: + 8 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Beijing (BJS)
- Flight duration: 10 hours 45 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 40 minutes
- Languages: Chinese
- Climate: Varies significantly from region to region
- Voltage: 220V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets USA 2 pin and CEE 7/16 Europlug are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): Yes - required prior to departure.
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to China must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Tetanus, Typhoid, Malaria, Hepatitis are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.