Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
Botswana is a rural wilderness of salt pans, savannas, deserts and wetlands, and provides a uniquely African escape incorporating the best of untamed and unspoiled hinterland.
Our Botswana holiday programme concentrates on the Chobe and Okavango Delta regions, two of the world’s most precious natural environments. Chobe is located in the North-Eastern corner of Botswana on the overland route to Victoria Falls and offers a diverse African experience. The Okavango Delta, situated in North-Western Botswana, is southern Africa’s largest wetland and one of the most pristine wetland regions in the world supporting a vast array of game, as well as rare animal and plant life.
Straddling the four African nations of Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Namibia, Chobe is surrounded by the natural beauty of Africa. The Chobe National Park covers 10,566 sq kms and has one of the greatest concentrations of game found in Africa. A major feature of this region is the indigenous elephant population, one of the largest surviving continuous populations in Africa and the largest in body size of all living elephants.
The Okavango specialises in unique water based safari activities, the mokoro - a dug out canoe - is 'poled' along by a guide offering a unique insight into the flora and fauna of the region, or you can also take a motorboat along the main waterways and lagoons. Other options include 4x4 Game drives, game viewing flights or for something a bit different why not track wildlife with an expert guide on a walking safari or maybe explore the Okavango on elephant-back.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- Currency: Botswana Pula (BWP)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1
- Bottle of Beer: €1.00 - €3.50
- Bottle of Wine: €5 - €15
- 3 Course meal: €5 - €15
- Time Difference is GMT: + 2 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Languages: English, Setswana
- Climate: Semi-arid climate being hot and dry for most of the year
- Voltage: 230V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets type D, G and M 3 pin are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Botswana must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Tetanus, Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Malaria, Poliomyelitis, Meningococcal Meningitis, Rabies, Tuberculosis are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.