Tours of Ireland
Embrace the Emerald Isle’s enchanting heritage on one of our specialized escorted tours
The World Meeting of Families will take place in Dublin from the 21-26 August 2018. It brings together families from across the world to celebrate, pray and reflect upon the importance of marriage and the family as the cornerstone of our lives, of society and of the Church.
» Three-Day Congress (22 to 24 August 2018): a joyful and reflective programme of workshops, talks and discussions; an engaging and exciting programme for young people as well as faith and fun activities for children.
» Festival of Families (25 August): a special concert style event within a prayerful and joyful atmosphere, in which personal stories of faith will be shared by families representing the continents of the world.
» Solemn Eucharistic Celebration (26 August) that will gather thousands of people from Ireland and all over the world.
WMOF2018 will include exhibitions, cultural events and musical performances, events around the city, gestures of solidarity with those in need, celebrations and much more. The main events of the WMOF2018 will take place in Dublin, at a large conference venue as well as in other venues in and around the city. It is also anticipated that related events, including the hosting of international groups, will take place all over the island of Ireland. Attendance to all events will require tickets and/or registration.
Every aspect of life in Ireland is enriched by history and tradition carefully preserved and treasured by any modern nation as its authentic heritage of knowledge and a trove of wisdom passed through generations.
To explore the rich, enchanting heritage of Ireland, Joe Walsh Tours has combined some of the most fascinating destinations on the island and the expertise of the most knowledgeable local guides offering you the opportunity to delve deep into the roots of the Irish history, culture and spirituality across a host of stunning locations on the Emerald Isle and beyond.
Discover the variety of our fully escorted comprehensive tour itineraries providing you with first-hand insights into the ways that our cultural heritage has shaped Ireland into the modern country that it is today, with its well preserved traditions and unique character that continues to fascinate its guests.
From walking in the footsteps of Ireland’s patron saint St. Patrick, exploring medieval monasteries and early sites of Celtic Christianity and witnessing breathtaking views from the most spectacular locations along the Irish coast to visiting Ireland’s most famous Catholic shrine in the West of the island, tapping your feet and singing along with renowned traditional musicians, each of our carefully planned tours is guaranteed to take you on a unforgettable journey of discovery. Whether you’re on a pilgrimage of faith or looking to experience the plain and famous Irish “craic agus ceol”, our Tours of Ireland have something on offer for everyone.
Touring with a group or as an individual you will experience the warmth, friendliness and hospitality of the Irish nature everywhere you go – a certain part of our national heritage that has made the Irish people and our country famous worldwide. Travelling across Ireland’s beautiful countryside you will find yourself in constant wonder of its astounding scenery shaped by the all-consuming harmony between the breathtaking wilderness of the Atlantic and a dauntless nation that has peacefully embraced its majestic forces. Discover millennia of colourful history and immerse yourself in the endless charms of Ireland that so many people have fallen in love with.
Can't find what you're looking for? Need a tailor-made itinerary?
Irish traditions and values are deeply rooted in our business and the type of travel experience that Joe Walsh Tours provides. We are extremely proud of our Irish heritage and passion for our native island is reflected in every mile travelled and every story told by our guides. We are delighted to share our knowledge and love of Ireland with our visitors and very happy to welcome you to the Emerald Isle.
Should you require further information regarding a specific tour itinerary or would like us to tailor-make your trip based on any special requirements your travelling party may have, please do not hesitate to give our Tours of Ireland specialists a call on 00 353 1 241 0800 or drop us a line via email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be delighted to assist. We’re only a phone call away!
- Currency: Euro (€, EUR)
- Local time: GMT
- Airports: Dublin (DUB); Cork (ORK); Shannon (SNN); Knock (NOC)
- Languages: English is the official language with some areas also speaking Irish
- Climate: Ireland has a moderate climate influenced by the warm waters of the Gulf Stream and the winds of the Atlantic Ocean. Summed up as moist and mild, the weather is very changeable with high levels of rainfall and a lack of extreme temperatures
- Voltage: 230V A/C. Frequency 50hz. The most common plug is the 13 amp three-pin plug, power socket type G. You can use your electric appliances in Ireland, if the standard voltage in your country is in between 220V - 240V (as in the UK, Europe, Australia and most of Asia and Africa). If the standard voltage in your country is in the range of 100V - 127V (as in the US, Canada and most South American countries), you will need a power converter.
- Visa: not required for EU citizens; nationals of other countries are advised to check with the relevant authorities
- Passport: EU passport holders travelling to Ireland must have an up-to-date passport valid for travel six months beyond the date of return; nationals of other countries are advised to check with the relevant authorities.