Birthplace of Pope John Paul II, Wadowice attracts visitors in search of sites connected with the early life of the Pontiff.
Amongst its main attractions are the church where he was baptised and later confirmed and his childhood house, now turned into a museum exhibiting articles that belonged to his family as well as personal belongings and photos from his visits to the city. Also worth a visit is the Shrine of Kalwaria Zebrzydowska, frequently visited by Karol Wojtyla as a pilgrim himself and Poland’s first Calvary sanctuary.
For additional information, please call one of our Pilgrimage Specialists:
- Currency: Polish Zloty (PLN)
- Local time: GMT +1 hour
- Airports: Krakow (KRK) ; Warsaw (WAW)
- Flight duration: 2 hours 30 minutes approximately
- Languages: Polish; many people speak English
- Climate: A mixture between mild Oceanic and more severe Continental climate produces temperate conditions with distinct seasons featuring long warm sunny summer days and snowy winters
- Voltage: 230V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets Type C and Type E 2 pin type are used
- Visa: not required for EU citizens; non-EU citizens are advised to check with the relevant authorities
- Passport: EU passport holders travelling to Poland must have an up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return; non-EU citizens are advised to check with the relevant authorities