Poland’s greatest place of pilgrimage and one of the world’s most important shrines, Czestochowa has been the spiritual capital of Central Europe for over six centuries.
The small 15th century Chapel of the Blessed Virgin, located in the Pauline Monastery of Jasna Gora, is home to ‘The Black Madonna’ believed to have been painted by St. Luke the Evangelist on a tabletop once used by the Holy Family. The monastery’s treasure house, the arsenal and the museum of the sanctuary’s 600th anniversary are also worth a visit.
For additional information, please call one of our Pilgrimage Specialists:
- Currency: Polish Zloty (PLN)
- Local time: GMT +1 hour
- Airports: Krakow (KRK) ; Warsaw (WAW)
- Flight duration: 2 hours 30 minutes approximately
- Languages: Polish; many people speak English
- Climate: A mixture between mild Oceanic and more severe Continental climate produces temperate conditions with distinct seasons featuring long warm sunny summer days and snowy winters
- Voltage: 230V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets Type C and Type E 2 pin type are used
- Visa: not required for EU citizens; non-EU citizens are advised to check with the relevant authorities
- Passport: EU passport holders travelling to Poland must have an up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return; non-EU citizens are advised to check with the relevant authorities