In Paris we visit Rue de Bac, the Shrine of the Miraculous Medal. Rue de Bac is also home to the headquarters of the Daughters of Charity, co-founded by St. Louise & St. Vincent de Paul. It was here that Our Lady appeared to Sr. Catherine Laboure on the night of 18 July 1830 and instructed Catherine on the design of the Miraculous Medal.
The body of St Vincent de Paul can be seen nearby in Rue de Sevres. He died on 27 September 1660 and was canonised by Pope Clement on 16 June 1737.
For additional information, please call one of our Pilgrimage Specialists:
- Currency: Euro (€, EUR)
- Local time: GMT +1 hour
- Airports: Tarbes-Lourdes (LDE), Paris (CDG)
- Flight duration: Lourdes 2 hours 15 minutes approximately; Paris 1 hour 15 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 20 minutes from Tarbes-Lourdes airport to Lourdes; 40 minutes from Paris CDG to Paris
- Languages: French; many people speak English
- Voltage: 230V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets continental round 2 pin type are used
- Visa: not required for EU citizens; non-EU citizens are advised to check with the relevant authorities
- Passport: EU passport holders travelling to France must have an up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return; non-EU citizens are advised to check with the relevant authorities