Mount of Olives
Jesus spent time here, teaching to his disciples. He also visited the Mount of Olives on the night of his betrayal.
The early days of Christianity saw many monks making a pilgrimage to the heights of the Mount of Olives in search of the depths of the scriptural truths. Follow in the footsteps of these early pilgrims to deepen your knowledge of this special spiritual place.
For additional information, please call one of our Pilgrimage Specialists:
- Currency: Shekel
- Local time: GMT +2 hours
- Airports: Tel Aviv - Ben Gurion Airport (TLV)
- Flight duration: 5 hours approximately
- Languages: Hebrew and Arabic are the official languages; many people speak English
- Climate: Mediterranean climate with long, hot and dry summers followed by short, cool to warm, wet winters; snow is possible inland on high ground at the height of winter
- Voltage: 230V A/C. The standard for H plugs (local incompatible plug with 3 flat Y-shaped pins) and sockets was recently modified to use round pins, so most modern sockets accept both type C (Europlug with 2 round pins) and type H plugs; type M sockets are used for air conditioners; identical plugs and sockets also used in the Palestinian National Authority areas
- Visa: not required for Ireland & UK citizens; nationals of other countries are advised to check with the relevant authorities
- Passport: Ireland & UK passport holders travelling to Israel and Palestine must have an up-to-date passport valid for travel six months beyond the date of return; nationals of other countries are advised to check with the relevant authorities