Phuket and Southern Thailand
Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
Phuket is an island of swaying palm trees and beautiful beaches with a lively nightlife and plenty of opportunities to shop till you drop! The beaches of Southern Thailand are less developed and more tranquil, providing a relaxing holiday haven.
Only one hour by air from Bangkok and set in the blue waters of the Andaman Sea, this oriental eden has so much to offer – luxurious hotels, bars, fabulous seafood restaurants, hundreds of intriguing souvenir shops, championship golf courses and an energetic nightlife. This pleasure island offers spectacular sunsets, lush mountain greenery and secluded coves. There are a wide variety of watersports to choose from including some of Asia’s finest diving and sailing spots as well as a large selection of sightseeing excursions.
Relatively unknown and certainly unspoiled, Krabi is a 11/2 hr flight from Bangkok or a 3 hour scenic boat trip from Phuket. Less commercialised than other resorts in Thailand, Krabi is the ideal spot for romantic breaks and for those who want to experience real beauty in unspoilt surroundings. The Ao Nang beach area is famous for its stunning coastal scenery featuring white sandy beaches, swaying palm trees and huge limestone rocks jutting out of the clear turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea. Divers and snorkellers will enjoy great underwater visibility showcasing plentiful marine life around the live coral.
Trang is a mere one-hour away from Krabi and provides a beautiful rural retreat with breathtaking beaches, deserted islands and a number of Wildlife Sanctuaries and National Parks.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- Currency: Thai Baht (TBH)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1
- Bottle of Beer: €1.20 - €3.50
- Bottle of Wine: from €20
- 3 Course meal: €8 - €20
- Time Difference is GMT: + 7 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Phuket (HKT)
- Flight duration: 13 hours 30 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 40 minutes
- Languages: Thai
- Climate: Hot & humid tropical climate
- Voltage: 220V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets USA 2 pin, USA 3 pin and Europlug 2 pin are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Thailand must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Typhoid, Tetanus, Hepatitis A&B, in some areas Malaria are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.