Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
Often referred to as “The Playground of the Orient”, Pattaya is a popular tourist centre and is the most established of all Thai beach resorts. Only two hours’ drive from Bangkok it provides an energetic escape with world-class golf courses, beach activities and hectic nightlife.
Sports enthusiasts are spoiled for choice in Pattaya with a range of relaxing, as well as exciting, sporting activities to suit all interests.
It truly is a paradise for Golf enthusiasts, boasting a huge choice of championship golf courses at extremely competitive prices. Pattaya bay is the perfect spot for water sport fanatics, offering an array of activities from snorkelling and sailing to water skiing and banana boat rides. There are nightly displays of Muay Thai Boxing in a number of bars and arenas. The long sandy beaches of the beautiful half-moon bay are littered with a variety of restaurants serving a variety of Asian, Thai and western cuisine. There are also a huge number of bars, nightclubs and entertainment spots.
Shopaholics will get their retail therapy in Pattaya with a huge variety of shopping centres, markets and boutiques to choose from. From discount designer outlets to “genuine imitations” at the night markets you will be spoiled for choice!
Pattaya comes alive at night, offering a large selection of adult orientated bars and all-night discos for those who wish to party into the small hours. Downtown Pattaya is also known for its red light district and is, therefore, not suitable for children.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- Currency: Thai Baht (TBH)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1
- Bottle of Beer: €1.20 - €3.50
- Bottle of Wine: from €20
- 3 Course meal: €8 - €20
- Time Difference is GMT: + 7 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Suvarnabhumi (BKK)
- Flight duration: 12 hours 45 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 2 hours
- Languages: Thai
- Climate: Hot & humid tropical climate
- Voltage: 220V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets USA 2 pin, USA 3 pin and Europlug 2 pin are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Thailand must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Typhoid, Tetanus, Hepatitis A&B, in some areas Malaria are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.