Cairns & Port Douglas
Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
Tropical North Queensland is famous for its clear blue skies, long beaches, glorious coral reefs and lush green vegetation. There is something for everyone here, with an excellent assortment of things to do and sights to see.
Cape Tribulation is a beautiful stretch of coast north of Cairns and Port Douglas and is famously the point where rainforest meets reef. It lies within Daintree National Park and there are several walks and hikes offering an opportunity to appreciate the world heritage protected beauty of the region. A wide range of eco-tours and sightseeing activities can be arranged in the area – just give our experienced Aussie Specialists a call to ensure you get the most from your wetlands experience.
The Tablelands feature an array of natural wonders, from protected rainforests and national parks brimming with native flora and wildlife, to a collection of spectacular waterfalls and extinct volcano crater lakes. Sharing the same tropical latitude as Tahiti, Port Douglas is a picturesque village on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef, just 70 kms north of Cairns. It enjoys an upmarket atmosphere and is a favourite retreat with celebrities and the rich and famous.
The Great Barrier Reef is an awesome natural wonder covering a total area of 350,000kms. It is made up of around 2,100 individual reefs and 800 island or coastal reefs and is teeming with brightly coloured marine life. Both Port Douglas and Cairns provide easy access to the reef, you can view it from the air or why not take a day trip and cruise out to the sites for a spot of scuba diving or snorkelling.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- The tropical North boasts an unbelievable choice of activities to keep you entertained. A number of must-sees include the tropical tablelands, Cape Tribulation and the Great Barrier Reef. Either base yourself in Cairns or Port Douglas and take advantage of the excellent array of great value excursions on offer.
- The Flames of the Forest dinner and cultural evening is highly recommended and is one of the most popular evening activities in the Tropical North. It is a truly unique experience and a perfect evening out.
- Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1.50 - €3
- Bottle of Beer: €3 - €7
- Bottle of Wine: from €8 - €16
- 3 Course meal: €18 - €40
- Time Difference is GMT: + 10 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Cairns (CNS)
- Flight duration: 19 hours 40 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 40 minutes
- Languages: English
- Climate: Varied region to region. North – Tropical climate. Southwest – Mediterranean climate. Southeast – Temperate climate.
- Voltage: 230V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets type I are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): Yes
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Australia must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Tetanus, Hepatitis B -please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.