Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast & Fraser Island
Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
Brisbane is the gateway to some of Australia’s most popular tourist playgrounds including the Sunshine Coast, Fraser Island and the Gold Coast, all renowned for their fabulous stretches of golden beaches. Queensland’s Gold Coast is both glamorous and relaxing, with 70 kms of beach and plenty of adventurous pursuits for the active. It is an ideal destination for a family holiday, boasting numerous safe swimming beaches, action packed theme parks, wildlife sanctuaries and rainforest wonderland, as well as championship golf courses and first rate shopping. From wild dolphins and whales to koalas and kangaroos you will be spoiled for choice when it comes to native wildlife. Visit the world famous Crocodile Hunter - Steve Irwin’s - zoo to get up close and personal with crocodiles, dingoes, Tasmanian devils and a range of magnificent native creatures.
Surfers Paradise is truly as its name suggests – with rolling surf, sweeping coastline, numerous postcard-perfect beaches and 300 days of sunshine a year. It’s a glitzy hub with bright lights and exciting nightlife, high-rise hotels, giant theme parks and countless restaurants, bars and entertainment options.
The Sunshine Coast is a captivating string of coastal towns and villages, glittering cities and beaches and national parks strewn along the sparkling Pacific Ocean. A haven for surfers, swimmers and adventurers it also holds a myriad of possibilities for those who want to relax.
Fraser Island is the world’s largest sand island and is a protected eco-system covering 184,000 hectares and stretching over 120 kms offshore. It is an ideal destination for nature lovers and makes for a relaxing or adventurous holiday with safaris, bushwalks and nature trails on offer. Uncover vast beaches, beautiful headlands, azure lakes and native flora and fauna. During September and October you can watch the migrating humpback whales as they skirt the coast off Fraser Island.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- Enjoy a full day tour of Brisbane including a river cruise along the Brisbane River & a visit to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
- Fraser Island offers the holidaymaker so many unique experiences and world-class activity options and is a must-do on your trip to Australia. Take in all the highlights on a self-drive 4WD adventure or let a knowledgeable local ranger escort you on a tour of the island.
- Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1.50 - €3
- Bottle of Beer: €3 - €7
- Bottle of Wine: from €8 - €16
- 3 Course meal: €18 - €40
- Time Difference is GMT: + 10 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Brisbane (BKK)
- Flight duration: 21 hours 30 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 40 minutes
- Languages: English
- Climate: Varied region to region. North – Tropical climate. Southwest – Mediterranean climate. Southeast – Temperate climate.
- Voltage: 230V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets type I are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): Yes
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Australia must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Tetanus, Hepatitis B -please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.