Barbados & Grenadines
With its superb climate and famous 'laid back' attitude, it is hard to imagine a more perfect place for a relaxing holiday than Barbados. Miles of sandy, palm fringed beaches, azure ocean and endless activities and facilities set the scene for a truly enjoyable Caribbean experience.
The appeal of Barbados is undoubtedly its combination of excellent climate, offering year-round sunshine, delicious Creole and American inspired Caribbean cuisine and the relaxed hospitality of the Bajan people. This small coral island, just 14 by 21 miles, enjoys the highest rate of repeat visitors in the Caribbean.
Barbados also offers a good choice in restaurants, bars, nightclubs and entertainment outside of your hotel for a funfilled holiday if desired. As a duty free shopping island you will be spoiled for choice when it comes to jewellery, watches, cosmetics, alcohol and cigarettes. Bring an extra suitcase to bag all the bargains! A free shuttle bus runs daily from most of the hotels into Bridgetown, the capital, to drop people off at the bigger duty free shopping centres.
The Grenadines is a collection of 30 small and idyllic tropical islands just south of St. Vincent. A short flight from Barbados, they are a popular stop for private yachts and the rich and famous and were, up until recently, out of reach for most other visitors. The islands themselves still remain unspoiled, the white sand beaches beautiful and the waters crystal clear. Palm Island itself is an award-winning deluxe 135-acre private resort and offers the perfect getaway for people who love natural tropical beauty and want to escape from it all.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on 01 241 0800 or email email@example.com.
- Cruise Barbados: There are a number of fun cruises offering snorkelling, swimming & sightseeing opportunities around Barbados. The evening cruises are relaxing and provide incredible views of the stunning sunset.
- Discover The Grenadines: Palm Island is an ideal base from which to explore the other islands in The Grenadines, join a full day island-hopping excursion or why not go all out and charter a private yacht or helicopter to truly see it in style.
- Currency: Barbados or US Dollar (BBD or USD)
- Glass of Coca Cola: € 1.00
- Bottle of Beer: € 1.00 - € 1.50
- Bottle of Wine: €15 - €30
- 3 Course meal: €11.50 - €24
- Time Difference is GMT: - 4 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Bridgetown (BGI)
- Flight duration: 8 hours 20 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 40 minutes
- Languages: English
- Climate: Warm tropical climate. Best time to travel is December to May
- Voltage: 115V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets USA 2 pin and USA 3 pin are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Barbados must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Tetanus, Hepatitis, Typhoid & Polio are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.