A small seaside resort right next to the airport and only 25 minutes away from the capital Funchal, this resort has a beautiful promenade, a modest selection of restaurants and bars, a supermarket and a charming church square.
Santa Cruz is home to the island’s only water park with four toboggan rides, four other slides, two swimming pools and a capacity for 1000 visitors.
- Currency: Euro (€)
- Local time: GMT (Irish time)
- Airports: Lisbon, Faro, Funchal
- Flight duration: Lisbon approx. 2h 40mins, Faro approx.. 3h, Funchal approx. 3h 40 mins
- Languages: Portuguese. Many people speak English
- Climate: Mediterranean climate with long dry summers in the South, Mediterranean-Maritime climate in the North and Subtropical climate in the islands of Madeira and the Azores
- Voltage: 220V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets 2 round pin type are used
- Opening hours: Normally the shops generally open Monday to Saturday between 9am to 1pm & 3pm to 6pm or 7pm. In most of the tourist areas, shops and supermarkets remain open until late