St Julians Bay
This chic area has a pretty promenade with plenty of entertainment and is known as the island top nightspot. A very popular resort for young singles, couples and more mature.
There are two main areas: Paceville – Vibrant & energetic with loud music, for the young and young at heart and St Julian’s which has a very interesting and generally more sedate nightlife for those requiring a more relaxed night out. There are numerous bars and clubs that are exceptions to the general description above in both areas. If you want to eat out with a fabulous view then head to the restaurants along the the seafront at Spinola. There is plenty in Paceville. Wander around the side streets for better quality restaurants. The Casino has a good restaurant and also there is a nice garden open to the public near Spinola Palace and Tourist information office with a restaurant in the corner of the garden.
The Bay Street shopping centre in St Georges bay is excellent. In Paceville, there is a selection of shops. However, if you are looking for top brands, just visit nearby Sliema.
- Currency: Euro (€)
- Glass of Coca Cola: € 1 - € 2
- Bottle of Beer: € 1.50 - € 3
- Bottle of Wine: € 4 - € 6
- 3 Course meal: € 9 - € 20
- Time Difference is GMT: + 1 hours (Daylight savings +1 hour, March to October)
- Airports: Malta
- Flight duration: Approx. 4 hours
- Languages: Maltese and English
- Climate: Mediterranean climate with long,dry summers
- Voltage: 240V A/C throughout the island, sockets outlets and sockets of flat 3 pin type are used
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Malta must have an up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Polio, Tetanus, Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Tick Borne Encephalitis are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.