Close to Valletta, Sliema’s promenade has stunning views of Valletta’s bastion and a comprehensive offer of bars, restaurants and shops. If you like a little sightseeing in your holiday, combined with sports and good food, Sliema fits the bill. This busy – and still growing – town focuses on The Strand, a broad promenade with views of Valletta 0.5km to 1km away.
Enjoying an evening meal or taking in the views over the floodlit bastions of Valletta are stylish ways to wind down and prepare for a night in one of Sliema’s many bars and clubs. Many of the restaurants are located along the coast and offer international cuisine. Ensure you try some traditional Maltese cuisine, especially the fresh fish dishes and rabbit dishes- Fenech, fried or baked rabbit in a casserole, this is regarded as a national dish. Water sports are widely available. There is stretch of beach between St. Julian and Sliema. Take a bus to Valletta!
- Currency: Euro (€)
- Glass of Coca Cola: € 1 - € 2
- Bottle of Beer: € 1.50 - € 3
- Bottle of Wine: € 4 - € 6
- 3 Course meal: € 9 - € 20
- Time Difference is GMT: + 1 hours (Daylight savings +1 hour, March to October)
- Airports: Malta
- Flight duration: Approx. 4 hours
- Languages: Maltese and English
- Climate: Mediterranean climate with long,dry summers
- Voltage: 240V A/C throughout the island, sockets outlets and sockets of flat 3 pin type are used
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Malta must have an up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Polio, Tetanus, Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Tick Borne Encephalitis are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.