Built in Roman times, the entire old town of Poreč has maintained its original street system with Marafor Square at its centre and as you walk through its preserved streets you can’t help but admire its beautiful Romanesque architecture. Don’t miss the Euphrasius basilica which is a UNESCO world heritage building with a truly wonderful interior.
Porec has many lovely beaches and sporting activities to participate in and has become known as an exceptionally hospitable tourist area. It has managed to achieve a balance between the genuine charm of a small historic coastal town and the excitement and facilities that modern travellers have come to expect. There are many bars, cafes and restaurants where you can sit back and relax drink in hand or dance the night away.
- Currency: Croatian Kuna
- Glass of Coca Cola: € 1 - € 2
- Bottle of Beer: € 1.50 - € 3
- Bottle of Wine: € 4 - € 6
- 3 Course meal: € 7 - € 25
- Time Difference is GMT: + 1 hours (Daylight savings +1 hour, March to October)
- Airports: Dubrovnik
- Flight duration: approx. 3 hours
- Transfer time: 3 hours 40 minutes
- Languages: Croatian. Many people speak English, German and Italian
- Climate: Mediterranean climate with long dry summers
- Voltage: 240V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets Type F 2 pin is widely used with Type C 2 pin sometimes seen in use
EU citizens travelling to Croatia must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Tetanus and Hepatitis A are recommended - please consult your GP.
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Croatia must have an up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Polio, Tetanus, Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Tick Borne Encephalitis are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.