The town of Opatija has a feeling of splendour and stylishness that has drawn celebrities to its shores for many centuries, including the Viennese elite during the Austro-Hungarian Empire and even James Joyce who was fond of having tea on the terrace of one of the local hotels!
Breathe in the sea air as you take a walk along the quaint waterfront promenade whilst nibbling on a traditional Viennese style pastry with a dense forest and rolling hills providing the backdrop and the Adriatic Sea stretching out before you.
- Currency: Croatian Kuna
- Glass of Coca Cola: € 1 - € 2
- Bottle of Beer: € 1.50 - € 3
- Bottle of Wine: € 4 - € 6
- 3 Course meal: € 7 - € 25
- Time Difference is GMT: + 1 hours (Daylight savings +1 hour, March to October)
- Airports: Dubrovnik
- Flight duration: approx. 3 hours
- Transfer time: 3 hours 40 minutes
- Languages: Croatian. Many people speak English, German and Italian
- Climate: Mediterranean climate with long dry summers
- Voltage: 240V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets Type F 2 pin is widely used with Type C 2 pin sometimes seen in use
EU citizens travelling to Croatia must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Tetanus and Hepatitis A are recommended - please consult your GP.
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Croatia must have an up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Polio, Tetanus, Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Tick Borne Encephalitis are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.