Island of Lopud
Small and unspoiled Lopud Island bathed in warm sunshine with cypress, lemon, pine, orange and palm trees is one of the seven islands of the Elafiti archipelago, in the vicinity of Dubrovnik (7km) to which is connected by regular ferry.
The village is located at the large beach on the bay of Lopud and offers numerous remains of medieval architecture in the form of churches, fortifications and manors. The shallow waters and the gorgeous sandy beach at Bay of Sunj are excellent for children and water sports and can be reached on foot (30 mins) or golf car (5 mins).
- Currency: Croatian Kuna
- Glass of Coca Cola: € 1 - € 2
- Bottle of Beer: € 1.50 - € 3
- Bottle of Wine: € 4 - € 6
- 3 Course meal: € 7 - € 25
- Time Difference is GMT: + 1 hours (Daylight savings +1 hour, March to October)
- Airports: Dubrovnik
- Flight duration: approx. 3 hours
- Transfer time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Languages: Croatian. Many people speak English, German and Italian
- Climate: Mediterranean climate with long dry summers
- Voltage: 240V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets Type F 2 pin is widely used with Type C 2 pin sometimes seen in use
- Vaccinations: Tetanus and Hepatitis A are recommended - please consult your GP.
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Croatia must have an up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Polio, Tetanus, Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Tick Borne Encephalitis are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.