The famous walled town of Dubrovnik lies in the south of Croatia on the Adriatic coast and is one of its most prominent tourist sites. George Bernard Shaw dubbed it “The Pearl of the Adriatic” and said that “those who seek paradise on earth should come to Dubrovnik and find it”. It is not hard to see why.
With its uniquely preserved medieval walls, plentiful sunshine, crystal clear waters, breath-taking mountains and beautifully untouched islands it is an ideal destination for those who want to relax and sunbathe on the exceptional beaches. For those feeling more energetic we strongly recommend to discover the magnificent old town, or you can take trips out of town.
- Currency: Croatian Kuna
- Glass of Coca Cola: € 1 - € 2
- Bottle of Beer: € 1.50 - € 3
- Bottle of Wine: € 4 - € 6
- 3 Course meal: € 7 - € 25
- Time Difference is GMT: + 1 hours (Daylight savings +1 hour, March to October)
- Airports: Dubrovnik
- Flight duration: approx. 3 hours
- Transfer time: 30 minutes
- Languages: Croatian. Many people speak English, German and Italian
- Climate: Mediterranean climate with long dry summers
- Voltage: 240V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets Type F 2 pin is widely used with Type C 2 pin sometimes seen in use
- Vaccinations: Tetanus and Hepatitis A are recommended - please consult your GP.
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Croatia must have an up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Polio, Tetanus, Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Tick Borne Encephalitis are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.