Cavtat is an enthralling resort only 18km down the coast from Dubrovnik and a 30-minute journey from central Dubrovnik either by boat or by bus. Perched upon the picturesque bay, it has a pleasantly calm atmosphere with a splendid harbour and palm tree lined promenade.
The town has a mix of restaurants, bars and cafes, which come alive at night, as well as boutiques and alluring gift shops. The town has been ruled by many great civilisations over the centuries and the Greeks, Romans, and Ottomans have all left their marks. Cavtat is a pleasant mixture of ancient civilisations and modern amenities. It’s pretty pebble beaches are clean and the sea is clear and warm.
- Currency: Croatian Kuna
- Glass of Coca Cola: € 1 - € 2
- Bottle of Beer: € 1.50 - € 3
- Bottle of Wine: € 4 - € 6
- 3 Course meal: € 7 - € 25
- Time Difference is GMT: + 1 hours (Daylight savings +1 hour, March to October)
- Airports: Dubrovnik
- Flight duration: approx. 3 hours
- Transfer time: 20 minutes
- Languages: Croatian. Many people speak English, German and Italian
- Climate: Mediterranean climate with long dry summers
- Voltage: 240V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets Type F 2 pin is widely used with Type C 2 pin sometimes seen in use
- Vaccinations: Tetanus and Hepatitis A are recommended - please consult your GP.
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Croatia must have an up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Polio, Tetanus, Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Tick Borne Encephalitis are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.