Brela is a charming resort of ancient tradition and natural beauty with a pristine coastline of beautiful pebble beaches, blue sea and green pines. The sleepy fishing port with stone houses takes on a relaxing pace of life and its waterside cafes, bars, restaurants and shops awaken in the early evening. It is an extraordinary place for a carefree seaside holiday and its fine beaches are a true paradise for young children.
The town is connected with the resort of Baska Voda. Brela’s rich cultural heritage includes several necropolis of Illyrian origin as well as graves from Roman times.
- Currency: Croatian Kuna
- Glass of Coca Cola: € 1 - € 2
- Bottle of Beer: € 1.50 - € 3
- Bottle of Wine: € 4 - € 6
- 3 Course meal: € 7 - € 25
- Time Difference is GMT: + 1 hours (Daylight savings +1 hour, March to October)
- Airports: Dubrovnik
- Flight duration: approx. 3 hours
- Transfer time: 4 hours
- Languages: Croatian. Many people speak English, German and Italian
- Climate: Mediterranean climate with long dry summers
- Voltage: 240V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets Type F 2 pin is widely used with Type C 2 pin sometimes seen in use
EU citizens travelling to Croatia must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Tetanus and Hepatitis A are recommended - please consult your GP.
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Croatia must have an up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Polio, Tetanus, Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Tick Borne Encephalitis are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.