Rugby Training for Schools and Clubs
Joe Walsh Tours and Rugby and French offer tailor-made rugby training trips for schools and clubs interested in spending a few days away training in a foreign environment, with language classes offered as an optional addition. Our highly qualified permanent coaching staff at a purpose-built sports centre located in Soustons, South Western France, offers a myriad of additional sporting activities to add to the highest level of rugby training available on ground.
We cater for all levels and ages. We organise tour matches and tournaments for under age teams, right up to specialist coaching and preparation of school first teams and club academies.
With over 18 years of success and many prestigious rugby teams as past clients including St. Andrews Dublin, CBC Monkstown, Ard School Rhis Limerick, Pres Bay Dublin, Wanderers Dublin and many more. Guest coaches such as Brian O'Driscoll, Denis Hickie, Tim Horan, Joe Roff, Roger Uttley, Steve Aboud, Jerome Thion, Serge Betsen, Mark Lievremont and Richard Pool Jones. Our camp and its staff have earned the trust and praise of many greats of the game, both players and coaches, as well as of many satisfied parents.
Our specially designed rugby centre includes three rugby pitches, a weights room, en-suite rooms, a licenced kitchen and medical room, an office, an indoor sports hall, bicycles, ice making facilities, a sauna and a Jacuzzi along with water sports facilities. Thanks to its brilliant location just 7 km away from the beach where surfing facilities are among some of the best in Europe, the sports centre offers a variety of exciting sporting activities besides rugby. Sailing, surfing and kayaking lessons along with cycling and hiking are amongst the favourite pastimes of the camp participants.
With a plentiful schedule of local festivals, beautiful towns located in the vicinity and the importance of food and the popularity of the rugby game, the area offers a perfect setting to experience real French culture in endless sunshine with temperatures of 27°C. Interested in training in Soustons? For more information or to make a booking please contact Clare on 01 241 0800, or via email email@example.com.
Transport & Accommodation
- Direct flight from Dublin to Biarritz or Bordeaux
- Transfer on arrival from the airport to the Rugby and French Camp with guide assistance
- Accommodation on Rugby and French Camp for the selected number of nights
- Daily breakfast, lunch and evening meal served at the Camp
- Transfer from Rugby and French Camp to Biarritz or Bordeaux Airport for return flight
- Direct flight from Biarritz or Bordeaux to Dublin
- Assistance of Joe Walsh Tours representatives at the airports
Tours & Activities
- Sporting activities, French language classes and tours organised by Joe Walsh Tours and Rugby and French as per club/school requirements
- Full services of Joe Walsh Tours and Rugby and French highly qualified staff throughout the tour
- DAY 1:
15:35 Arrive at Bordeaux Airport. Transfer to Sports Centre. Room allocation. Familiarization
19:00 Dinner. Rugby session. French lesson
- DAY 2:
09:30 French lesson based on following activity
10:00 High-wires course at the Adrenaline Park
14:00 French lesson based on following activity
14:30 Sailing lesson with qualified instructors
19:00 Dinner. Watch Top 14 game
- DAY 3:
09:30 Visit to local town – Soustons. Local market. Treasure hunt in town
14:00 Depart for beach. Choice of body boarding or surfing lesson by qualified instructors.
18:00 Return to camp. Dinner
- DAY 4:
09:00 Kayaking lesson on lake by qualified instructors.
14:00 Depart for Biarritz. Sightseeing/Shopping
17:00 Tour of Biarritz stadium & training facilities. Dinner with former French captain subject to his availability
21:00 Return to camp
- DAY 5:
09:00 Rugby session
12:00 Prepare for departure. Vacate/Inspect room. Light lunch. Depart for Bordeaux Airport. Flight to Dublin. Home
- Travel insurance €25 per person (conditions apply)
- Packages are based on shared rooms with facilities
- A non-refundable deposit is required for booking
- Itinerary may be subject to change; E&OE
- All bookings protected by the Commission for Aviation Regulation in Ireland (T.O. 052 | T.A. 0689) and the Civil Aviation Authority in the UK (ATOL 5163)