India | Golden Triangle & Rajasthan
Please note that this is not a group tour. It is a tailor-made itinerary for individuals who wish to travel to India.
Transport & Accommodation
- Flights from Dublin via Abu Dhabi to Delhi with Etihad Airways
- Transfer on arrival from the airport to your hotel in Delhi
- 2 nights accommodation in the 4 star Suryaa Hotel, in a Deluxe Room in Delhi
- 1 night accommodation in the 4 star Hotel Clarks Shiraz, in a Standard Room in Agra
- 2 nights accommodation in the 4 star Holiday Inn City Center, in a Superior Room in Jaipur
- 1 night accommodation in the 4 star Suryaa Hotel, in a Deluxe Room in Delhi
- 2 nights accommodation in the 4 star The Umeed, in a Deluxe Room in Jodhpurr
- 2 nights accommodation in the 4 star Fateh Niwas, in a Deluxe Room in Udaipur
- Breakfast served each day at hotel
- Transfer to Udaipur Airport for flight to Delhi
- Transfer fron hotel to return Flight to Dublin
- Flights from Delhi via Abu Dhabi to Dublin with Etihad Airways
Tours & Excursions
- City tour of Old and New Delhi, including Raj Ghat, Jama Masjid and Qutub Minar
- City tour of Agra, visiting the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort
- Visit to the Ghost City of Fatehpur Sikri en route to Jaipur
- Half day excursion to Amber Fort with Elephant ride and return by jeep
- City tour of Jaipur including visits to Jai Singh’s Observatory and City Palace
- Visit Marangarh Fort and Ranakpur Temples
- Boat ride on Lake Pichola
- Half day city tour in Udaipur, including the City Palace, Sahelion-ki-bari, Fateh Sagar Lake, Kala Mandir and Jagdish temple
- DAY 1: Dublin - Delhi
Depart Dublin. Fly to Delhi via Abu Dhabi with Etihad Airways. Arrive in Delhi. Meet a representative at the airport and transfer to your hotel in Delhi, followed by a check in. Free time and overnight.
- DAY 2: Delhi
After breakfast, proceed for a City tour of Old and New Delhi. Drive past the magnificent Red Fort, visit Jama Masjid. Drive past Kotla Firoze Shah, ruins of an old fort of the 14th century. Visit Raj Ghat, where Mahatma Gandhi was cremated in 1948. Drive through the old city subject to traffic restrictions. In the afternoon, tour New Delhi - drive past the Presidential Palace, the Rashtrapati, the impressive Rajpath to the World War I memorial arch, the India Gate. Visit the Qutub Minar, the 72 meter high Minaret. Overnight at your hotel.
- DAY 3: Delhi - Agra
Breakfast at your hotel. Check out and leavefor Agra in the morning (Approx 208 km / 3 hours from the Yamuna Express way). Arrive in Agra and transfer to the hotel. In the afternoon, enjoy the city tour of Agra: Visit the Taj Mahal, the Greatest love story ever told - on the death of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal, Shahjehan built her this memorial. It took 22 years to build this monument. Visit Agra Fort - behind its forbidding red sandstone battlements lies a palace that tells the story of the Moghul Empire. Overnight at your hotel.
- DAY 4: Agra - Jaipur
Breakfast and check out of your hotel. We will depart by road to Jaipur (Approx 235 km / 5 hour drive) and will visit Fatehpur Sikri en route. 37 km West of Agra lies the ghost City of Fatehpur Sikri - an epic poem in red sandstone built by Emperor Akbar the Great in 1569 and deserted 14 years later because its water supply failed. Arrive in Jaipur and transfer to your hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
- DAY 5: Jaipur
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning, depart for a half day excursion to Amber Fort with an enroute photo stop at Hawa Mahal (Palace of Winds). 7 miles north of Jaipur is Amber with its honey-coloured fortress/palace located in the Aravalli Hills, which you can mount by elephant. It has been described as “the sleeping beauty of Rajasthan”. In the afternoon take a city tour of Jaipur, visit Jai Singh’s Observatory built in the 17th century by the founder of Jaipur who, besides being a prince, was also soldier, astronomer and builder. Visit the City Palace, a part of which is now a museum that contains fine Rajput and Moghul paintings, rare manuscripts and an armoury, old carpets, and amazingly embroidered clothes of the Maharajas and the Maharanis. Overnight at the hotel.
- DAY 6: Jaipur - Delhi
Breakfast and check out of your hotel. In the morning, depart by road to Jodphur (Approx 338km / 6 hours). Arrive and check into your hotel. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure for independent activities. Overnight at the hotel.
- DAY 7: Jaipur - Jodphur
After breakfast visit Mehrangarh fort, sprawled over a 125 meter high hill it is the most impressive of the many forts in Rajasthan. On the wall next to the "Iron Gate" are 15 handprints of the widows of Maharaja Man Singh, Sati Marks made before throwing themselves into his funeral pyre in 1843. On the left of the fort complex is the Jaswant Thada. This example of architectural brilliance is a white marble monument built out of intricately carved sheets. The cenotaph boasts beautiful marble Jali work and a glorious view.
- DAY 8: Jodphur - Udaipur
Breakfast at your hotel. Check out of the hotel and travel to Udaipur by road (254 Km / approx. 5 hrs). Enroute visit Ranakpur Temples. On arrival proceed to check in and then a boat ride on Lake Pichola.
- DAY 9: Udaipur
After breakfast head for a half day city tour where you will visit the city palace, the Sahelion-ki-bari which has hosted royal parties for several centuries then drive around Fateh Sagar Lake, excavated in the late 17th century by Maharaja Jai Singh. You will also see the Kala Manir or puppet museum and visit the Jagdish Temple. The rest of the day is free for independant activities,
- Day 9: Udaipur
Enjoy the morning at you leasure before checking out and transferring to Udaipur airport. Fly from Udaipur to Delhi then Dublin.
- Travel insurance €45 per person
- Prices are per person sharing twin/double rooms with private facilities
- Prices are not inclusive of airport departure tax/airport developement fee usually included in the international ticket and Visa charges to India
- Any expenditure of personal nature such as telephone calls, laundry, mini bar or drinks during meals, tips to driver, guide, helper, etc.
- Meals where not stated are not included in the price
- Standard in-flight catering is included with the package
- For large parties or groups discounts will apply subject to availability
- Itinerary may be subject to change; E&OE