St. Pio of Pietrelcina ｜130 Years ｜ born 1887
Celebrate the extraordinary life of St. Padre Pio, the first stigmatized priest, blessed with extraordinary spiritual gifts and charisms throughout his life.
On our pilgrimage,which departs on the 3rd of September for 7 nights, you will visit many of the places associated with this great Saint including:
- Pietrelcina - birthplace of the young Francesco, the churches where he received his First Communion, Confirmation and celebrated his First Mass.
- Morcone – the Capuchin monastery where he entered the novitiate aged 15 years.
- Benevento – the church where he was ordained in 1910.
- Venafro – the convent of St. Nicandro where St Pio stayed in a very troubled part of his life.
- San Giovanni Rotondo – the Monastery where he lived for over 50 years bearing the stigmata and spending many hours in the confessional.
- Monte Sant’Angelo – the Cave of Archangel Michael, one of the holiest place in the world, often visited by St. Pio.
- Rome – In 2016 as part of the Holy year of Mercy, Pope Francis requested that the body of St. Pio be venerated in St Peter’s Basilica. St Pio had the ability to look within the souls of his penitents and confession was his main activity, so it was fitting that St. Pio was brought to be venerated in Rome, the Centre of Christendom.